Thursday, August 2, 2012

Creating a Personal Disaster rescue Plan and Kit

No.1 Article of Cpr Classes In Ct

There is nothing like tomorrow to start a good project. We have so many projects planned for all our tomorrows that we don't know where to begin. Too many decisions or the notion of too much work causes the majority of our projects to fall by the wayside and never come to fruition. We have come to be a society of procrastinators, couch potatoes and the award winning inventors of lame excuses. I know, I have my moments and I am right there with you. But if there is just one project that we perfect this year and right now, this project is the one to do. It could save our life, that of house members or loved ones. Help me help you America, let's get off that couch and create our Back-Up Plan i.e. A Personal Disaster salvage Plan and Kit.

Why do we need a plan? Are we ready for disaster? What if the internet came to a halt? Or we are hit by nuclear destruction, an asteroid or a natural disaster of great proportions? What exactly is our personal disaster salvage plan? Living in California with the "Big One" happening any day now, we always hear that we should have adequate food and supplies on hand for 72 hours. Is that genuinely enough? Look how long it took for supplies to reach Haiti or a cap to be located on the Gulf's oil well. You don't have to live only in California to make a plan and kit, everyone, in any place should be prepared.

Cpr Classes In Ct

When I drive on our freeways more times than not, I am stuck in parking lot traffic that travels at a snail's pace of less than 5 miles an hour. This crawling traffic is commonly due to not adequate roads for the vehicle volume we have or because some idiot thinks by zigzagging in and out of traffic then slamming on their brakes will get them to their destination faster, maybe dead but genuinely not faster. While I am stuck in this weighty traffic line, I often wonder and ask myself, what if a devastating earthquake happened how would we ever survive? Is our infrastructure ready for disaster? Our roads cannot facilitate our current traffic population on a general day, why would it ever improve under disastrous conditions?

Creating a Personal Disaster rescue Plan and Kit

What about our hospitals, doctors, fire departments, paramedics? Are there genuinely adequate to go around for every person if the "Big One" hits? We often hear from the news that disaster is remarkable all over the world with the earthquakes in Haiti, Chile, Indonesia, the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, volcanoes in Iceland, or the extreme killer volcano Krakatoa. Should we be involved by these disasters? Are these natural disasters a sign for us to get all our Ducks in a Row and create our own Disaster salvage Plan immediately? America, yes I do believe these are all signs for us to put in order for the worse. We need to take action for ourselves and not rely solely on other population or other resources, let's start creating our Plans and Kits from this day forward.

We can't wait solely for Fema or the Red Cross or for person else to settle our issues or save us. They can't perhaps be all to everyone. There are only so many resources and supplies to go around. We need to take personal responsibility for our own survival. How can we prepare? Well, that is a good question. I think as an introductory step we should take a good hard look at our personal lifestyles and take list of what would be primary to go forward if all was lost. Make a list on what genuinely matters in our life. I think this list should be as short as inherent with 10 categories or less. We need to give up our need for greed, material items and simplify. If you have a family, sit down and have a house meeting to discuss this topic. I will create my furnish kit based on a 2 week period; I prefer to have a puny more than not enough. I think that 72 hours is not even close. Following is my list on what I think would be primary for myself and house to survive:

1. Food
2. Water
3. Healing Supplies and Healing Records

If you have any Healing problems or life threatening allergies,

Have a bracelet made and indicate Healing issues, blood-type, and medications. If you have a house member with Alzheimer's like I do, have a bracelet made with their name, your name, phone number, address and any other pertinent information. I think our information should be readily descriptive and as a back-up we should think about chips like we do for our pets, not embedded into our skin, but maybe information that can be stored on a magnetic strip similar to a prestige card or hospital cards. prestige card makers, here is a marketable idea for you, just remember where the idea came from first.

4. Pet Supplies and Healing Records

Keep a collar on your dog or cat with a name, phone estimate or a license tag which will recognize your pet.

5. Designate Medicine(s)
6. Wind-up flashlight, radio, and cell phone re-charger
7. Computer Back-up stored off site, out-of-state or straight through an internet storehouse site.

Create a back-up of your system and store off-site, out-of-state, at any location other than your home or office. I bought a back-up disk, Maxtor, for from Office Depot. It is ageement and can store all that is on my computer. I am going to send it to my relatives on the east coast.

If you have anything genuinely important, create a hard copy and store off-site. I will also send things to myself straight through Yahoo so that I can retrieve them straight through cyber space.

What if the internet genuinely came to a halt? Are we ready to transact on a manual basis like the old days? I was on a company trip in Tennessee and there was a severe lightning storm and the power went out. I was entering a bistro and got turned away because their computer system went down. Employees should be trained on what to do in these situations.

8. Plan for extreme weather conditions, camping supplies, sleeping bag, warm/cool clothing, comfortable shoes, backpack, tent, matches, and a Swiss army knife.

9. Personal Hygiene items

10. Cash, Atm machines will probably be non-operational or depleted.

Try to keep items as ageement and as light as possible. Keep a set of items in your car and at your home. Have a backpack ready for every house member who is capable of carrying one. Each backpack can be individualized with snack items and maybe a deck of playing cards or a book for kids.

I found a good site that in case,granted a information listing of items to contain in your kit from California State University Long Beach, http://emergency.csulb.edu/supplykit/supplies.

Once you have a kit created, I believe you should have a transportation plan to know where house members are and what they should do if disaster strikes.

I have mapped out what if's and routes, who to call and phone numbers. I have instructed my son that if he is at school and we have an earthquake, which way to walk home or whose home to go to should I not be in close proximity. If our local phone system fails or is busy, I have instructed my son to call relatives not in our city and state but to touch relatives out-of-state to carry his whereabouts and corporeal health. If you leave from your designated location, leave a note.

I think a good thing for families to know is Cpr. I want my house to take a class this summer. When researching where to take a class, it appears that the Red Cross offers classes. I am sure there are probably some resources where you can learn Cpr just go online and hunt Cpr classes. I hope to fit a class in this summer. Let's do it together. I think the more we educate ourselves in this area, the greater our chances of survival and ability to help our house members or other people, basic Healing treatment may be all that it takes to save a life.

As a final item for our Plan, I think it is leading to have a valid Will in place for worse case scenario. Having gone straight through this process with some house members; it is leading to spell out every puny detail. Some items may seem silly but unless you tell someone, it won't necessarily happen.

• Do you want to be buried or cremated?
• Do you have a house plot, if not, where do you want to be buried or have ashes thrown?
• What type of funeral aid do you want, fulfilled, casket, simple, religious, calling hours, no calling hours, where to be held?
• Do you want any organs donated?
• What type of casket do you want?
• What do you want to wear?

There are many casket types, e.g. Steel, bronze, wood and discrete price ranges. The price of some casket prices can be alarming. My older cousin and sister showed me their preferences when my sister was faced with the sudden death of her husband. And my Mom showed me what she wanted to wear when the time comes. Me, I want it as straightforward as possible, cremated and ashes thrown into a beautiful meadow or hillside. I like the idea of being a part of nature. No ocean though; it seems too confining for me.

But what if you don't die and you are in a coma on life maintain then what?

I know this branch matter is morbid but it is better to discuss while you are living then to wait for person else to make these decisions for you unless you don't care. Dying can be just as involved as living.

Here are some things to think about and to discuss with an attorney or you can draft your own documents on-line straight through sites like http://www.legalzoom.com.

• Will
• Power of Attorney for health and one for Finances, person will make these decisions for you should you not be competent.
• Living Will (life maintain or none)
• Living Trust ( if you have lots of assets, properties and wish to avoid probate court which can tie up assets for a duration of time of 6 months or longer is person debates your will)
• If you have children, who becomes guardian?
• If you have pets, where do they go?
• If you need nursing care, where do you wish to be placed?

Well, I hope this information has been useful for you and you start today to make your Plan and Kit. In closing, please be a good neighbor and look out for your elderly/disabled neighbors and house members, they may need your assistance while an emergency. And as always, Thank all our everyday Heroes, our military, firefighters, police force, doctors, nurses, paramedics, caregivers, etc., because someday you may need them first hand.

agree with Creating a Personal Disaster rescue Plan and Kit



No comments:

Post a Comment